Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Country Walk



On Wednesday we went on a 9 mile country walk through Kent. When we woke up that morning it looked really cold and really wet outside so there was the small hope that they had cancelled it...but to our slight dismay they hadn't. With this news we got up, made our lunches, bundled up, and headed out on our adventure. I was in sweats, a long sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, and an ear-warming headband. I was ready. We took the tube to St. Paul's and then hopped on a train to our final stop. Annie, Abs, Cath, and I sat together and filmed a few videos while snacking on Oh's. When we got to our stop I got off the train and was still freezing! Even in all my layers! I was a little worried, but as we started moving I warmed up pretty quickly. It was really beautiful. The English countryside is unbelievably green. Imagine the greenest grass you can think of and double it...that's what I was looking at. I really enjoyed the walk. It's always nice to get out and really be part of nature. We stopped by a castle that still stands and is used today, and we stopped by a castle that was used hundreds of years ago. All that was left of it were run down walls and ruins. We ate lunch here and watched as Brooke and Mary-Celeste tried to climb the walls. It was a little nerve-wracking. I would hate for anyone to get hurt...especially them. When we were done eating a group of us hopped on the train and headed back a little early. It turned out we made the right decision because right then it started pouring. When we got back to the center we enjoyed some nice, hot cheese brocolli soup...delicious. What looked to be a cold day in the English countryside turned out to be a great one!




No comments:

Post a Comment