Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Back...



Last Thursday was Thanksgiving and it was a great day! Abs and I started it off with a morning run. It was a beautiful day... not a cloud in the sky. That was definitely something to be grateful for. At 11am Ann, Lauren, Cath, and I headed down to St. Paul's Cathedral. Every year they put on a Thanksgiving Service for all the Americans in London. It was really, really great. We sung "Come Thou Fount", and "America the Beautiful" and an American Reverend gave a really nice talk. It really brought the spirit of Thanksgiving to life. The best part about the service? When we got back it was time for our feast! I didn't eat all day so that I would be hungry for JaeLyn's food and I was not disappointed. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, rice, and vegetables. The stuffing was particularly outstanding. And for dessert we had pumpkin pie and chocolate chip pie. Both were delicious, but I have to say that the pumpkin pie was especially tasty. I literally could not get enough of it. After we managed to tear ourselves away from the servery we decided to watch a little "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and take a nice afternoon nap. I fell asleep almost instantly and woke up so refreshed. That night Abs, Ann, Lauren, Cath, and I went to "New Moon". I'd been wanting to see it since it came out so I was so excited! It was so much fun. We all wore our new Oxford sweatshirts and took some pictures with the posters. Cath and I are devoted to Edward while Abs, Ann, and Laur prefer Jacob. I loved the movie. It brought a lot of happiness to my day. When we got back I'm not sorry to say that we enjoyed some more pumpkin pie before heading to bed. Thanksgiving will definitely go down as a favorite day here in London!





The ABC's of Gratitude: London Version
A- Apples
B- Borough Market
C- Covent Garden
D- Double decker buses
E- Eiffel Tower
F- Friends
G- GGDC
H- Hyde Park
I- Ireland
J- JaeLyn's Cooking
K- Ketchup

L- London Eye
M- Marks & Spencer
N- Notting Hill
O- Open Markets
P- Palace Court
Q- Queensway
R- Rainy Days
S- Skype
T- Tea Time
U- Underground
V- Victoria Line
W- Whole Wheat Crackers
X- Xcellent shows
Y- York
Z- Zizii's

No comments:

Post a Comment