Saturday, November 14, 2009

A little Billy followed by that darn Phantom....





This week I realized that I am quickly running out of time. We go home in less than 4 weeks! It is crazy to think about. I don't know how it's gone by so fast. I'm just trying not to think about it. I can only focus on the present moment and enjoy every second the I have left here. Anyways, because time is running short I've become a little musical crazy. On Tuesday night Cath, Laura, and I decided to go see Billy Elliot. I absolutely loved it. I thought it had such a British charm to it. The kids were amazing! I also think the fact that it was about dancing made me particularly fond of it. The kid who played Billy was seriously talented. He could do tap, ballet, hip-hop, and lyrical, and he was only 13! When it was over I seriously danced my way to the tube stop. It got me really excited to get home and start dancing again.


On Thursday night Annie, Abby, Lauren, Mandi, and I sporadically decided to go to Phantom of the Opera. I didn't come to London with the hopes of seeing it, but as soon as we decided to go I got really excited for it. It is, after all a timeless musical. I was surprised at how full it was. It's been going on for so many years, but it clearly hasn't lost its edge. Our seats were on the balcony, to the side, so they had a semi-restrictive view, but it was fine. I loved every minute of the show. The music in it is incredible. There's just something about the story, the phantom, and the music that makes it sort of haunting. I am so happy we decided to go see it. It was definitely one I would have been sad to have missed. After seeing both of these I've added a few more to my list before I go home. I just love a night out at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment