Sunday, November 29, 2009

Paris: Practically Perfect in Every Way, Day 4



Friday was a magical day. After all, there is no other way to describe it when you're spending the day at EURODISNEY, in Paris, on Study Abroad, with some of you best friends. MAGICAL. Our decision to go to the place where dreams come true was not done lightly, but after talking to the parents and thinking long and hard about it we realized we'd be crazy not to. I now know it would have been one of my biggest regrets of this experience. I know this because I had the time of my life on this magical day.


We woke up that morning in our tiny hotel room around 8:30am, got dressed, and did our best to sneak out before anyone noticed there were 3 too many bodies in our room. Once again we succeeded. I have to say we've gotten pretty good at this sneaking stuff. For breakfast we grabbed a couple pastries, then we made our way to the metro, and hopped on the train. After about 45 minutes we arrived at Eurodisney. When we got outside the sky couldn't have been bluer, Disneyland couldn't have looked better, and mine and Ann's grins couldn't have been wider. All of us were beyond excited, but for us Disneyland is the best place ever. No exceptions. After buying our tickets we entered the park and walked down "Main Street, USA, Paris". That is literally what the sign said. With maps in hand we headed over to what we thought was the traditional Indiana Jones. We were a tad mistaken. This was Indiana Jones gone wild...we're talking total rollercoaster with loops, spirals, everything. It was hilarious and definitely got our adrenaline pumping. I loved it. Next up--Pirates. This one stuck to the original that we all know and love, however because we're in France the pirates had to speak French of course! That was pretty funny. They sounded so sophisticated. From there we headed to "Peter Pan"! It is one of mine and Laura's personal favorites. I actually think it became a favorite of all of ours when the ship was flying above London. It felt a little bittersweet to think that we'd really be leaving it behind in just a few weeks. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.




Next we decided to go on the ever classic Space Mountain. However, once again we were in for quite the surprise. I think in Europe roller coaster laws must be a little looser because I have never been on something like that in my life. It was literally insane. Ann and I were sitting by each other and I don't think we stopped screaming the whole time. We were holding hands too and by the end my fingers were stuck in that position. The whole "space" element was just blackness, and the "mountain" element was just a series of loops, sharp turns, jolts, bumps, and out-of-control speed. All of this isn't to say I didn't have fun because it was a blast. Mixed in with my screams was nonstop laughter, and as soon as we were done I demanded that we go again before we went home. Obviously we were needing a little break after this so we decided to eat at "Pizza Planet" from "Toy Story". So legit. The pizzas were even shaped like Mickey, and we got to meet Woody!  I was very pleased. After lunch we decided to head over to the other park to seek out some more rides. On our way who did we happen to see but Minnie Mouse. For all those who didn't know, Minnie is basically my idol. When we saw her I waved and naturally she greeted me like we were old friends (which we are). It's known throughout Disney that I'm her longest standing fan.



Over at the other park they had Tower of Terror,  and Rockin' Roller Coaster! These are two of my very favorite rides. First we went on Rockin' Roller Coaster and it was a blast. Once again another roller coaster to rattle our brains, but so worth it. Afterwards we headed to Tower of Terror. I forget how much fun that ride is. When we were at the top and had our first free fall I was laughing so hard. I'm not kidding, I was probably floating for a good three seconds. We all came off of it just cracking up. As we were wandering around we caught one of the character shows. It was so great. There were all princesses, Minnie and Mickey, Donald and Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Sully, Woody and Jessie, Cruella DeVille, and many more. I swear I felt like I was five years old again. The words were once again in French, but I didn't mind. I was just eating it up.


We decided to head back to the other park and catch a few more rides. First, however, I bought myself a Minnie sweater. I couldn't really walk away from Eurodisney without some form of memorabilia could I? Plus, I was freezing cold. But back to the park. We went for the Haunted Manor first. Abs and I rode it together and had a blast. The workers there take their job pretty seriously and wasted no time in scaring us every chance they got. That ride's a great one too because at the end they always send a ghost home with you. It's the best. Next up--Thunder mountain. It was another wild ride. It felt a little like thunder mountain combined with splash mountain, but that's fine by me. I love them both. Abs, Cath, and I went on the teacups next and I have to say that it was the one ride that let me down a little bit. They just didn't have much spin to them. It was too bad.
We ended our magical day with one more go on Space Mountain and a trip on Star Tours. As much as I loved Space Mountain the first time it made us all a little sick the second time around and getting jolted on Star Tours didn't help. Haha, I guess I'm not as young and resilient as I used to be. It's kind of too bad. On our way out we did a little shopping, took some pics, and grabbed some quick dinner in the Disney Village.

It was an amazing day, but it definitely took a lot out of us. I slept most of the train ride back, and as soon as we were back in Paris we headed straight to our hotel, got in our pajamas and gave our feetsies a rest.

I'm so happy we went to EURODISNEY! It was too much fun and one of my favorite memories I've had while here in Europe!


No comments:

Post a Comment